Post Graduate Diploma in Hand Therapy
|Country:||Polytechnic Institute of Leiria - School of Health Sciences|
|Certificate or Credits Earned:||60 ECTS|
|Length of Programme:||1620 hours|
|Admission Requirements:||Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy Degree|
Based on the biopsychosocial model, it is intended that students be able to use advanced theoretical/practical knowledge and suitable tools for performing and providing excellent care applied on many upper limb dysfunctions, reaching the following objectives:
– Develop the ability to critically evaluate and reflect about practice in hand therapy;
– Critically review the theory behind hand therapy;
– Contribute to developing knowledge in this specific area.
– Develop an understanding of research methods;
– Develop personally and professionally;
– Make improvements in clinical practice and research in hand therapy;
– Discuss mechanisms of traumatic injury and illness in the upper limb;
– Discuss independently and systematically, as the various therapeutic interventions can support and improve the function, activity and participation after traumatic injury and illness in the upper limb.
|Address:||Campus 2 - Morro do Lena - Alto do Vieiro 2411-901 Leiria Leiria , Portugal PT|